R&B singer goes from homeless to Grammy nominee :: Entertainment :: Post-Tribune
Gap Band's Charlie Wilson tells he Associated Press how he rebounded from homelessness during the mid 1990s to be nominated for Billboard Artist of the Year and double Grammy nominee.
He said the downward spiral began when the group asked their manager to split profits from the publishing rights of their music catalog. Wilson claims the Gap Band was dropped by the manager and then blackballed in the industry.
Editor's Note: Charlie Wilson is one of my favorite singers.
- Radical Feminist Observations are Funny
- Self-actualization as a goal in male/female relationships
- The Elusive Art of Conversation
- The Art of Shutting Up
- Six things about holiday loneliness
- Modern Mommy relationships: Tippin' with kids in the house
- Spiritual Wickedness in Low Places: the African American relationship with God
- ISO Nursemaid, No Internet Boos Allowed!