PHILADELPHIA - A federal appeals court on Monday threw out a $550,000 indecency fine against CBS Corp. for the 2004 Super Bowl halftime show that ended with Janet Jackson's breast-baring "wardrobe malfunction."
The three-judge panel of the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that the Federal Communications Commission "acted arbitrarily and capriciously" in issuing the fine for the fleeting image of nudity.
The 90 million people watching the Super Bowl, many of them children, heard Justin Timberlake sing, "Gonna have you naked by the end of this song," as he reached for Jackson's bustier.
- Radical Feminist Observations are Funny
- Self-actualization as a goal in male/female relationships
- The Elusive Art of Conversation
- The Art of Shutting Up
- Six things about holiday loneliness
- Modern Mommy relationships: Tippin' with kids in the house
- Spiritual Wickedness in Low Places: the African American relationship with God
- ISO Nursemaid, No Internet Boos Allowed!